Sunday, May 4, 2008

Tom Torlakson at Education Town Hall Meeting

From Tom Torlakson's office:

EVENT DETAILS
Education Town Hall Meeting in Walnut Creek


5/8/2008 6:30:00 PM Las Lomas HS, 1460 South Main St., Walnut Creek

On Thursday, May 8, from 6:30-8:30 p.m., I will be hosting an Education Town Hall meeting at Las Lomas High School, 1460 South Main Street in Walnut Creek.

At this town hall, I will discuss the state budget crisis and the proposed education budget cuts. I encourage you to attend to share your thoughts and perspectives about the proposed budget cuts and how they may be impacting your children, your school, and your community.


As I have argued since the Governor released his budget plan in January, these proposed cuts to education--if enacted--would have a disastrous impact on our schools and our children. These cuts would not last just for a year or two. They will impact our children for a lifetime. These cuts would not heal!

I believe California schools are already woefully under-funded. I believe we should be investing more money in our schools, not less. Are we going to invest in our schools, or are we going to retreat? (See Tom explain at San Ramon Valley's recent Flunk the Budget event why he believes we should be investing more money in our schools, not less: CLICK HERE FOR FLUNK THE BUDGET, NOT OUR CHILDREN)

What do you think? I hope you will join me at Las Lomas High School on May 8 to discuss this extremely important issue.

Contact: Tom Torlakson Phone: 925-682-9998 Email:
tom@tomtorlakson.com


.

No comments:

Post a Comment