Here is just a partial proposed cut list. There are a total of 41 items proposed to be cut. If you want to read all of it, please go to page 72 of the Agenda for June 2nd:
- Eliminate class size reduction in 1-3 (third grade will be staffed at 30:1)
- 5th grade Instrumental Music (now NO elementary instrumental AT ALL!)
- Librarians for Middle and High (not sure how many, but libraries may have to close)
- Close ALL remaining resource centers at the schools, eliminate resource teachers
- Close TWO ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS
- Eliminate funding for the GATE science center
- Eliminate 9th grade reduced class size (may go to 30.5:1)
- Proposed 1% pay reduction to all employees
They aim to cut approximately 28 million over 3 years. They must submit a balanced budget by June 30th. Will you be at the next board meeting? Will you be caught off guard when there is no elementary music? What about if your school is on the closure list?
Sports gone. Librarians substantially effected and reduced in some cases. Summer School gone. Music in elementary gone. Resource centers gone. VP's gone. Campus supervisors gone. GATE science center gone. Class size reduction gone.
It surprises me that some who voted NO on Measure D are now surprised by these cuts. Unbelievable.