Monday, January 26, 2009

Board Meeting Tuesday 1/27 - more on the chopping block

As usual you can read the agenda at the district website and you can see the impossible odds our board is up against in its requirement to trim millions from our budget.

Please go over and read at www.mdusd.net for more information on what parents are talking about most: Vice Principals, Sports, Music and more. Not all are on the "block" yet, but if you look at the list of possible reductions, they're going to be running out of places to trim soon and will have to look at some vital programs.

For now, I am humbly requesting our board to consider NOT cutting the VP positions - yet. I understand they may need eventually to be cut, I know they have an impossible job. But I also do see some other positions that can go first - even if only in gesture for now.

So I hope you will attend tomorrow, listen/watch at home or write letters to our reps in Sacramento to get us to a budget that will allow our education system to survive. I know our board members are agonizing over these decisions. I don't envy them these hard times.

We must pass a parcel tax. We need to rally together during this time to do what is right for the future of our district.

No comments:

Post a Comment